Friday 26 July 2013

Video Marketing Tips To Help You Succeed At Video Marketing




If you are thinking about becoming a video marketer it is essential that you think about how you will get your site to rank. People love to watch video but your blog will still need some form of written content to ensure it gets picked up by the people you want to read it. So I have come up with some video marketing tips to help you succeed at video marketing.





Create and optimize the title of your video blog post





The most important part of your blog post will be the title so make sure it is optimized with your keywords. Adding a blog post title that says.





This will make you think next time





Is great for raising curiosity for anyone visiting your blog and to encourage them to click to read but it says nothing about what you are trying to get ranked for. In my opinion great blog writing is a mixture of valuable content that includes keywords. It is a combination of keeping readers happy but helping the search engines connect you to those readers through your keywords.





This will make you think about dog training classes next time





Let's the search engines know your video blog post is about dog training classes. Then you include your funny video of a dog who ate a closet full of shoes or something!





It is a simple video marketing tip but a powerful one - ignore your keywords at your peril.





Use a great thumbnail image





This is especially important if you make videos of you talking to your audience. There is nothing worse than seeing a video with your eyes half closed and your mouth open in mid sentence! Believe me.... I know :)





Using a great thumbnail image or a title page on the front of your video will help you avoid that. Video thumbnails also help to highlight your video so use a great image and use one relevant to your topic whenever possible.





You can download a great video thumbnail maker here









Think about how long you want your video to be





A video that runs for 3-4 minutes is a good length. I am no video marketing expert but I have read enough and made enough of my own videos to have some idea of what people watch and what they don't. Ultimately if your video is helping people it could be 30 minutes long and they will watch it - but for the majority of your videos keep them short and remember most of us have a short attention span :)





Planning your video in advance is a great video marketing tip and I have read blog posts where the writer encourages a person to stop and think about what you want to say in their video so I am writing it here but as I don't recommend what I don't do I can only mention it!





I like being spontaneous and having no idea about what I am about to say. Maybe it is because I am a speaker. In my Toastmater sessions I was always told to plan ahead but I would just go up and decide what I was going to say when I got on stage. Sometimes it worked out great and other times not so great! So go ahead and plan out your video if you think that makes sense to you. I plan just about everything else in life so it makes sense to me. It is just not something I ever do!





Include a call to action and your blog url





Whenever possible add a call to action to your video. Tell people what they need to do next whether it is visiting your site or registering to receive a free gift or maybe you made a video demonstration and you want them to go buy the product. Whatever the reason for you video give people something to do next. When I first made videos I added a url at the beginning and end. Now I will bring up a domain url while the video is playing fading it in and out. You decide when are where you want to put your domain name just remember to include it.





Video marketing is great fun when you get into it and I hope these video marketing tips helped. It is a time consuming activity but well worth it. The more videos you make the quicker you become at making them. Have fun with them and don't get too fussy about how they look - some of the best viewed videos are not the snazzy professional ones but the one made ones without great lighting and video effects! I am not suggesting you make unprofessional content, just hinting at the fact that waiting for your skills to be perfect could hinder you from getting started so don't let it.





Do you have any video marketing tips to add? Any questions, comments or suggestions about this post? I would love to hear them.


No comments:

Post a Comment